This is week 5 in our series called “How do I fix my broken down quarantine body?” Here are the best 5 stretches that you should be taking a break to do every hour during the work day. Welcome to Dr. Devin’s Wellness Wednesday Workshop where my goal is to help you maintain or improve your active lifestyle.
Here’s a list of the stretches:
- Seated torso rotation – hold 10-30 seconds; repeat 3 times each way.
- Back extension – hold 10-30 seconds; repeat 3 times.
- Upper shoulders and neck stretch – hold 10 seconds; repeat 3 times each side.
- Pec stretch – hold 30 seconds; repeat 3 times.
- Hamstring stretch – hold 10-30 seconds; repeat 3 times each leg.
- Neck retractions – hold 3 seconds; repeat 5-10 times.
- Wrist stretches – hold 15 seconds; repeat 3 times each way.
- Deep breathing – in through the nose for 8 seconds & out through the mouth for 8 seconds; repeat 3-10 times.
Previous Videos in this series:
- Week 1 – How do I fix my broken down quarantine body?
- Week 2 – What’s the easiest way to calm my anxiety when working from home?
- Week 3 – How can you work in bed without wrecking your neck and back?
- Week 4 – How do you improve your focus when working from home?
-We are taking everyone’s temperature to make sure you’re below 100° F
Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday: 8-noon & 2-6