Today we discuss ways to burn calories while you are at work so that you can feel better, move better, and look better. Welcome to Dr. Devin’s Wellness Wednesday Workshop where my goal is to help you maintain or improve your active lifestyle. We will answer these questions today:
- Is the human body designed to sit in front of a computer all day long?
- What is worse, sitting 8 or more hours per day or smoking?
- What is Non-exercise Activity Thermogenesis (NEAT)?
- How can you improve NEAT at work?
- How can you improve NEAT at home?
(Answers below the video 😉)
- No, the human body is designed to move, bend, twist, and flex.
- Sitting is the new smoking. Sitting for 8 or more hours per day causes as many or more health issues over the long term as smoking cigarettes.
- NEAT is the calories expended outside of exercise, eating and sleeping.
- At work:
- Implement walking meetings
- Throw out your garbage can
- Create wellness challenges
- Take the stairs
- Stand instead of sit
- At home:
- Playing with your kids or pets
- Completing yard work
- Grocery shopping
- Walking the dog
- Cleaning the house
If you or someone you love is suffering from headaches or migraines, I have a free e-book called END Headache Suffering: DOSES is my 15 minute routine so you can decrease head pain, improve flexibility, and be on your way to feeling on top of the world! Just click here!