February 6, 2019: Welcome to Dr. Devin’s Wellness Wednesday Workshop where my goal is to help you maintain or improve your active lifestyle. In Episode 5, we talk about fevers and answer these questions:
- Are fevers helpful?
- What should you do when you have a fever?
- Should you ever suppress your (or your child’s) fever?
- How hot it too hot?
(Answers below the video 😉)
- “A fever is merely exercise for the immune system” – Dr. Devin
- Fevers require rest, fluids, no foods, quiet and toning it down
- Short answer – no. Long answer – it depends (check out answer 4)
- Don’t treat the number on the thermometer, treat the child
- Check on them every so often and if they react, they’re fine
- Treat the child with the fever, not the fever
- A child with a 105° F fever that is looking at you, talking, babbling, drinking, peeing, sleeping, arousable, alert, interactive, consolable is doing fine.
- A child with a 100.8° F fever that you couldn’t wake up needs medical attention.
- Put Young Living Lavender on the tops of the ears or the middle of the chest
- Going to medicine over and over is ignoring the child
Join us next time so we can continue helping you maintain or improve your active lifestyle. Until then, contact me at 704-827-6560 or firstname.lastname@example.org