We are going to discuss your spine and the vital role that it plays in causing headaches. DOSES – Drink, Oils, Stretch, Exercise, Spine.
Welcome to Dr. Devin’s Wellness Wednesday Workshop where my goal is to help you maintain or improve your active lifestyle. We will answer these questions today:
- What does DOSES stand for?
- What is a cervicogenic headache?
- Humans have 7 bones in their neck. How many bones do you think a giraffe has in their neck?
- Why should we have a curve in our neck?
- What are some activities that cause you to lose the curve in your neck?
- Which 3 bones are most responsible for causing headaches?
(Answers below the video 😉)
- Drink, Oils, Stretches, Exercises, and Spine.
- It is a headache that comes from the neck. 85-90% of all headaches we see in the office are cervicogenic headaches.
- Almost all mammals (including giraffes) have 7 bones in their necks!
- Curves (arches) are very stable structures. In our neck the curve is very important for both movement and shock absorption.
- Looking down – especially at your cell phone. But also looking down at books can flatten the curve.
- The base of your skull, Atlas (C1), and Axis (C2).
Get my ebook FREE here –> END Headache Suffering