This week we talk about the 3 things you need to do to prevent leg injuries when exercising. Welcome to Dr. Devin’s Wellness Wednesday Workshop where my goal is to help you maintain or improve your active lifestyle. We will answer these questions today:
- Is sitting really that bad?
- How many arches should your foot have?
- When your arches drop, where does the impact from each step go?
- Why do people have fallen arches?
- When you run, what should your posture look like?
- What exercise will help the most with your flexibility?
(Answers below the video 😉)
- Sitting for long periods of time during the day is just as detrimental to your health as smoking.
- You should have 3 arches in your foot – across the ball of your foot, down the outside, then up the inside of your foot.
- It will transfer the impact into your ankles, knees, hips, and spine.
- They either picked the wrong parents (genetics) or they have fallen over time.
- You should be running with full, erect posture. You should be able to balance a book on top of your head.
- Deep breathing
- 8 breaths in through the nose and out through the mouth
- Do it 3 times per day