Today Dr. Devin talks about what really causes heartburn and why you should throw away all reflux medications. Welcome to Dr. Devin’s Wellness Wednesday Workshop where my goal is to help you maintain or improve your active lifestyle. We will answer these questions today:
- What is the actual cause of heartburn and GERD?
- What happens to stomach acid production as we age?
- If you have low stomach acid, what does it do to your food?
- What happens when you take a medication to reduce acid production?
- What vertebrae is responsible for controlling the stomach?
- Which 2 supplements do we recommend for heartburn?
(Answers below the video 😉)
- Not enough acid in the stomach.
- Stomach acid production steadily decreases as we age.
- It causes it to putrefy, rot, and ferment. The fermentation is what causes the heartburn feeling.
- Your body will not be able to fully digest your food. This has been shown to cause cancer.
- Multizyme and Zypan.