Today we will give you our 12 favorite strategies for improving your posture. Welcome to Dr. Devin’s Wellness Wednesday Workshop where my goal is to help you maintain or improve your active lifestyle. We will answer these questions today:
- When sitting, what body parts should be in alignment?
- What is tech neck?
- What are the 2 best positions to sleep?
- Are sit-ups and crunches good for your back?
- What are the 4 best stretches to improve your posture?
(Answers below the video 😉)
- Keep your ears, shoulders, and hips in a straight line. Keep your knees over your ankles
- Looking down at your phone, tablet, or laptop can cause ongoing neck pain. When you hold this tilted, head-forward posture for long periods of time, you may develop a repetitive stress injury or muscle strain.
- Sleep only on your back or on your side (never on your stomach). When sleeping on your side, make sure to place a small pillow between your knees to keep your pelvis aligned. Keep your neck in a neutral position,
- No. They put your spine in a compromised position. Do planks instead.
- Stretch your glutes, hip flexors, hamstrings, and pectoral muscles.