In this video, we’re going to talk about one of the futuristic treatment options for your carpal tunnel syndrome. The first thing we need to talk about today is what causes carpal tunnel syndrome. Carpal tunnel syndrome is caused by pressure on the median nerve. The carpal tunnel is a narrow passageway surrounded by bones and ligaments on the palm side of the hand. When the median nerve is compressed, symptoms can include numbness, tingling, and weakness in the hand and arm. In my nearly 20 years of experience with carpal tunnel syndrome, most patients not only have a problem with the nerve in the wrist, but also the nerves that come from the neck that create that nerve. Three nerves from your lower neck and upper back control your hands. If those nerves in the neck aren’t taken care of, then your CTS will most likely never get resolved. Especially if you have the carpal tunnel in both hands.
Hey there, I’m Dr. Devin Atkinson from Atkinson Family Chiropractic in Denver, NC and for over 16 years I’ve been committed to helping 1000’s of people to say goodbye to their headaches, back and neck pain.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (Current Series)
- What are you going to commit to today to improve your life tomorrow?
- To achieve the life you want (health, happiness, balance) you need both commitment and persistence.
- What do you do when commitment and persistence only get you so far?
- I almost lost my dog last week and these are my 2 reflections
- What my dog’s new reality taught me about the importance of prevention
- The things you do to avoid the things that you need to do
- 10 Foods That Cause Inflammation
- Foods that decrease inflammation
- Supplements that decrease inflammation
We happily serve Denver, Stanley, Iron Station, Maiden, Sherrills Ford, Lincolnton, and beyond.