Learn what real food is and why it is so important. March 20, 2019: Welcome to Dr. Devin’s Wellness Wednesday Workshop where my goal is to help you maintain or improve your active lifestyle. In Episode 11, we talk about the importance of being outside in nature and about real food. We will answer these questions:
- Where should kids be spending most of their day?
- Where does real food come from?
- What does 100% natural mean?
- What is the significance of the Dirty Dozen list?
(Answers below the video 😉)
- Kids should spend most of their day outside playing and getting dirty.
- Real food is either raised from livestock or grown on a farm. Anything you buy that comes in a box, a bag, plastic wrap, a can, or a drive thru window has been processed in some form and you don’t really know what you’re going to get.
- They literally mean nothing when it comes to food.
- 100% natural or 100% beef or vitamin infused are all marketing terms that the FDA and the USDA do not regulate.
- The Dirty Dozen is a list of the 12 foods that have the most pesticides and should never be consumed unless they are organic.